Non-Chemical, Closed-Loop Solution
The International Maritime Organization (IMO) has set a limit on Sulphur in the fuel oil used by ships in order to reduce Sulphur Oxide (SOx) emissions from ships around the world.
Ship owners have a choice between adopting to use more expensive, cleaner-burning low-Sulphur fuel or continue to use high-Sulfur fuel and add a Sulfur-trapping exhaust “scrubber” system that treats the ship’s exhaust to remove harmful Sulfur Oxide SOx air emissions.
H2O offers a range of non-chemical SOx scrubber wastewater treatment systems. The systems occupy a small footprint and are an economical & environmentally friendly solution, allowing the water to be reused in the scrubber in a closed-loop system.
- Small Footprint. High porosity membranes provide high flux performance, meaning the system has a the most compact footprint of any water treatment system on the market
- Non-Chemical Solution. Standard water treatment involves several chemical steps, requiring a large footprint & high retention time. H2O generates a high water quality with a single-step filtration process using H2O Silicon Carbide membranes in combination with a coagulation & precipitation step.
- Low Capex – Low Opex. Low pressure / low power consumption system
- Thermally & Chemically Resistant. Membranes resistant to 800 F and pH 0-14.
- Minimal Waste. Automated dewatering – waste sludge reduced to dry cake for easy disposal at port.
- High-Performance Filtration. H2O Silicon Carbide ultrafiltration membranes are highly robust, long-life membranes. Guaranteed performance with minimal downtime & maintenance.