Exhaust from the engine goes through the exhaust scrubber system where it is mixed with water, which dissolves sulfur oxides before the treated fumes exit through the ship’s funnels. The H2O SOx closed-loop system treats the scrubber wastewater to it can be reused in the scrubber.
H2O’s SOx scrubber wastewater system can treat a wide range of contaminants:
- Pollutants scavenged from the exhaust gas exiting the engine (combustion products, fuel & lubricants)
- The source of wastewater used to clean the exhaust (seawater or freshwater)
- The scrubber itself (dissolution of materials, possible reaction products and/or chemical additives).
High-Performance, High Efficiency Filtration
- Oil & Organics: H2O SiC membranes are designed to remove suspended solids, oil droplets & oil emulsions from fluids.
- Bacteria & Arsenic: >99% removal of bacteria & arsenic
- Metals Removal: >99% removal of dissolved metals
- Suspended Solids: >99% removal of TSS, low turbidity
- Temperature:High temperature stability & excellent thermal shock resistance